Art and design at Key Stage 4
Art and Design
Syllabus: GCSE Art and Design
Course Code: Edexcel (1AD0) Art, Craft and Design
The aims of the course are to:
- Increase and improve each student’s confidence in his/her ability by the development of art based skills in a variety of media including both traditional and new digital technologies.
- Develop an increased awareness and response to the visual environment.
- Stimulate creativity, imagination and individual self-expression.
- Promote an awareness of the multicultural society, utilising the rich variety of stimuli of past and present cultures.
- Increase an awareness of, and interest in, artists, designers, architects and their work – both past and present.
- Develop an understanding of the design process and the nature of design implementation for technology.
- Develop critical faculties in the understanding and appreciation of art, design and craft.
The course will involve working on two components and will give the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- Drawing, painting and printmaking
- Three-dimensional studies
- ICT in art