Speakers for Schools is excited to present its weekly broadcast schedule! This schedule will be updated regularly and talks will be targeted to different age groups.
Careers and Personal Development
At The Beaconsfield School we are committed to ensuring all students have access to impartial careers advice from third party agencies, support in school and access to employers who can advise students when considering their future options.
Our named careers coordinator in school is Mrs Gohel. Please do get in touch for any specific careers enquiries - email@example.com
Impartial careers advice in school is provided by Adviza. Our link worker is Jaskirat Mann firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adviza portal can now be accessed, without the need to log in, using this link: www.adviza.org.uk/careers-guidance-for-you
Click HERE to read our school careers policy.
To ensure we are providing a balanced careers programme, we link our careers guidance to the Gatsby Benchmarks which have been explicitly referenced throughout the DfE’s Careers Strategy (December 2017) and the new Statuary Guidance for Careers (January 2018). These 8 benchmarks are outlined below:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Aims of the Careers Programme
The main components of the programme are:
- a planned programme of CEAIG for all ages
- access to independent and impartial information on opportunities in learning and work
- access to individualised careers guidance and support
- experience of the workplace to develop key employability skills
- To identify and reduce the likelihood of students becoming NEET or dropping out through a variety of interventions.
- ensure students have interactions with a variety of colleges, training providers, employers and universities in order to make an informed decision.
Watch pre-recorded broadcasts from our library here.
LIVE BROADCASTS LIBRARY & MORE
HOW TO JOIN THE LIVE BROADCASTS
- Join 10 minutes before the broadcast to be ready
- You can join without needing an account – Watch how here
- For full speaker descriptions visit the Broadcast Schedule here