Photography at Key Stage 4
Syllabus: GCSE: Photography
Course Code: Edexcel (1PY0) Photography
The aims of the course are to:
- Increase and improve each student’s confidence in his/her ability by the development of photography-based skills in a variety of media including both traditional and new digital technologies.
- Develop an increased awareness and response to the visual environment.
- Promote an awareness of the multicultural society, utilising the rich variety of stimuli of past and present cultures.
- Increase an awareness of, and interest in, photographers, artists, designers and their work – both past and present.
- Develop an understanding of the design process and the nature of design implementation for technology.
- Develop critical faculties in the understanding and appreciation of photography and art..
The course will involve working on two components and will give the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- Location photography
- Studio photography
- Experimental imagery
- Documentary photography