SEND And Local Offer
The Learning Support department (SEND) is led by Mrs Cook and there is a team of Teaching Assistants, many of whom have specialisms in a variety of areas. They are based in the brand new Learning Support Area and Learning Pods but spend most of the time supporting students in lessons.
The Learning Support Team
- Sue Cook, SENCo. BA degree in PE & Drama; PGCE in Secondary PE with English for students with additional needs; Psychological Testing Centre Certificate for Educational Test User and member of The British Psychological Society; National Award for SEN Coordination.
- Alex Hjorring, SEND Manager – (Maths degree, Qualification in coaching skills)
- Ana Sark TEFAL trained (teaching Eng as a foreign language), HLTA for science (speaks Serbo-Croat and Macedonian)
- Ana-Maria Sandulescu – on the Kick Start programme. Speaks Romanian.
- Hifsa Azam (speaks Urdu)
- Jamie Kendrick (degree in Sports and Exercise Science)
- Jo Mayes (Level 5 Dyslexia Specialist Teacher, PGCE Foundation stage in S. Africa) (Speaks Afrikaans and some Zulu)
- Lesley Byrne HLTA
- Marie Cooper (has HLTA qualification)
- Mel Smith (Training in Art Therapy)
- Nikki Taylor
- Peiling Le (speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, some Japanese) (Certificate to teach Chinese)
- Will Cook (speaks Italian, some French and Spanish) (CELTA qualification to teach English as a foreign language) (Degree in Illustration, has taught iGCSE D&T in Italy)
During mentor time, students come to the Learning Pod if they need support and practice with reading, handwriting or keyboard skills. In addition a Homework Club operates after school until 3.45pm Monday – Thursday for any student who wishes to have some support with homework tasks.
Please click on link below for Buckinghamshire Local Offer information
For SEND enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND policy can be found here.