ABOUT US/APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Our OFSTED inspection in February 2019 made the following comments about teaching and relationships at school:
- Teachers are wholehearted in their desire for pupils to achieve well. Relationships between teachers and pupils are constructive and are built on trust and mutual respect. This enables pupils to have the confidence to ask for help and support when they are stuck or unsure.
- Pupils conduct themselves in an orderly manner. They are welcoming, self-assured and act in a polite and respectful way. Lunchtimes are calm, with groups of pupils engaged in friendly conversation.
- The majority of pupils display a positive attitude towards their learning. They are keen to succeed and value the efforts made by their teachers in supporting them in lessons.
- Pupils say that they value teachers’ advice in identifying the progress they are making.
We are a school that have a desire and understanding of how to succeed and provide an environment that is stimulating to students and staff alike. We understand that this can only be achieved by investing in our staff and ensuring they are supported in their own professional development. We have high expectations of staff, as we do students. So if you are someone who wants to develop as a professional and have a real impact on individuals then we are the place for you.
You will be joining a highly skilled staff, who are supportive, show determination and resolve. We have a desire to continue our journey to being the best we can be, we are true believers in ‘Better never stops’ as it is the continual development that makes us what we are. We are also a school where team work and enjoyment is central to our success as it is these that keeps us going when times are tough.
The Beaconsfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Online searches will be completed for shortlisted candidates and an enhanced DBS will be sought from the successful candidate.
If you are an excellent Teacher who believes in putting student learning first, we would like to hear from you, even if we are not currently advertising for a teacher in your specialist area. Simply complete the Expression of Interest form in Application Documents and return for the attention of the HR Manager to HR@beaconsfield.school and we will contact you to discuss possible opportunities.
Any completed application forms should also be sent for the attention of the HR Manager to HR@beaconsfield.schoolApplication Form and Supporting Documents can be found here
Why our staff like working here
Helen PoyserTrips and Visits Administrator
- What is your role
Trips and Visits administrator (previously Attendance Officer)
- How long have you worked here
- Best thing about working at TBS
My colleagues. What a fantastic team we have here to support the teachers and students.
- Life before TBS Â
I have a degree in Applied Biology - was a research scientist for 13 years before leaving to have a family. Did many volunteer roles during that time before applying for a role at TBS. I have never looked back!
Nicola HodgsonTeacher of Food Preparation & Nutrition Year 12/13 Mentor, School Food & Well-being Lead
I have worked at The Beaconsfield School for 15 years Â
I have a Ist class Honours degree in Professional Cookery as well as City and Guilds Professional Chefs qualifications. I trained originally as a Chef working in the industry -before I had a family and diversified into teaching. Initially working with adults with Â special educational needs.
The Beaconsfield school is a real community and although staff do move on and change the ethos still remains the same .Genuine care and support for all the students to succeed . Staff are kind and helpful towards one another and its my other family that I love.