- »Curriculum Subjects
- »Health & Social Care
- »BTEC Level 3 NEC Children's Play, Learning and Development
BTEC Level 3 NEC Children's Play, Learning and Development
In Sixth Form from 2018 we offer BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Children’s Play, Learning and Development.
This gives an introduction to study of the sector. It is an Applied General qualification, and is equivalent in size to one A Level.
ASSESSMENT: This is a combination of 1 exam, 1 externally marked task and coursework. (plus 50 hours of work experience)
Four Units Across Two Years
- Children's Development: Exam (1.5hrs)
- Development of Children’s Communication, Literacy and Numeracy Skills: Controlled Assessment Task
- Play and Learning: This will be a coursework unit combined with 2 week work experience in an early years setting.
- Keeping Children Safe: Coursework Unit
The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements to many relevant courses.
It can be taken alongside, for example:
- A Levels in Biology and Psychology, which could lead to a BSc (Hons) in Paediatric Nursing
- A Levels in English and Psychology, which could lead to a BA (Hons) in Childhood Studies
- A Levels in English and History, which could lead to a BA (Hons) in Primary Education.
This qualification is primarily designed to support progression to employment via higher education; however this qualification will also be relevant for those who choose to progress directly to employment, through an Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.