It is the school's policy that homework will be set regularly within the framework of a homework timetable. Homework is set online via MiLK. All students are given a log in to access their individual homework. Students who are unable to access the internet at home can make use of the school library which is open every day until 3.45pm. Alternatively homework for students can be printed off for students by request only.
The Purpose of Homework
Homework is any activity which students are expected to complete outside of their lesson time.
- Consolidate, reinforce and extend classroom learning
- Develop skills, confidence and motivation which will support independent lifelong learning
- Enable students to manage their time and the demands of coursework
- Inform and involve parents in their children’s learning
Homework tasks are logged on MiLK and parents can gain access to information about their children (including what homework is due and when), via this site MiLK. To get a login please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and Responsibilities
- Record all pieces of homework/Check MiLK every day
- See the teacher before deadline if help is required
- Complete all pieces on time to the best of their ability
- Students not completing homework on time can expect to be dealt with in line with the school’s Behaviour for Learning Policy
- To provide a peaceful place for students to study
- To show an interest and encourage students with their homework
- To update MiLK to ensure that homework is being set, recorded and completed
- To liaise with subject leaders and year leaders when there is a concern
- To contact parents if students are not doing homework in a number of subjects
- Set homework according to published timetable, ensuring it is posted on MiLK.
- Ensure that students have planners out at the start of each lesson ready to record at an appropriate time
- Ensure that all pieces of homework are appropriate and meet the individual needs of students
- All pieces of homework are identified in schemes of work
- Homework is marked regularly and appropriate feedback is given
The attached document below Homework Timetable 2019-2020 shows the expected homework times for each subject.
MiLK is blocked during school hours via the APP, however can be accessed via an internet browser.